Beliefs Beliefs are hard. They can unite and alienate. Please explore below and feel free to dialogue via e-mail. But most importantly, come and see our beliefs in action.
We believe that God created everything today, and that God is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient. Basically, God knows, is present, and is more powerful all. God is our creator, but due to our sin, we lost the ability to have a positive relationship with God.
We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He died for our sins, rose from the dead and will return again, as predicted, to claim each of us who have a personal relationship with Him.
We believe in the Holy Spirit--as the third part to God as trinity.
We believe the Bible. In it contains the Word of God, written by mankind through God's inspiration.
We believe the Bible contains all the guidelines needed for fulfillment and integrity. It gives us direction for dating, marriage, and raising children. It gives us hope to those who have suffered through divorce and other traumatic experiences helping them put their lives back together again. It tells us how to get along at work, school, and home. It shows us how to live a life of joy and purpose. By careful interpretation in community, we strive to live the Bible and live as Christians infused with the Holy Spirit.
1. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and gave His life as a sacrifice for our sins by dying on a cross. He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father, as our High Priest and Advocate. His death and resurrection is the basis for salvation. Whoever confesses with their mouth that Jesus is Lord and believes in their heart that God raised Him from the dead are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God. Exodus 20:2-3 | Matthew 28:19 | John 10:30 | 1 Corinthians 8:6 | Revelation 4:11
2. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to indwell, guide, convict, regenerate, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service. Isaiah 7:14 | Isaiah 53:4-7 | Matthew 1:18-25 | Luke 1:35 | John 1:14 | John 3:16 | Romans 10:9-19 | Ephesians 2:8-9 | 1 John 4:10
3. The Bible, as originally written, was verbally inspired and the product of spirit controlled men, and therefore is Truth without error in the original writings. We believe the Bible is the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of humankind, and the standard by which all humans should live. John 14:16-17 | John 7:17 | Acts 5:3-4 | Ephesians 5:18
4. Humankind was created in the image of God but fell, through sin, and is therefore spiritually dead and separated from God. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 | 1 Peter1:19-21
5. Salvation is a free gift, by God's grace, received by placing faith in Jesus Christ. We believe that in salvation there is complete forgiveness of sin and the unmerited gift of eternal life. Genesis 1-6 | Genesis 5:1-5 | John 1:3 | Romans 3:10 | Romans 5:12 | Romans 5:19 | Colossians 1:16-17
6. All true believers who are born again by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ are assured of their salvation. Isaiah 53:11 | Zechariah 13:1 | Habakkuk 2:4 | John 1:13 | John 3:3 | Acts 13:19 | Romans 1:17 | Romans 4:1-8 | Romans 5:1 | Romans 5:9 | Galatians 3:11 | Ephesians 1:13-14 | Ephesians 2:8-9 | Titus 3:5-7
7. In the personality and reality of Satan, that he is the originator of sin and that he is ceaseless and ruthless in his efforts to destroy God's plan of salvation for all humankind. We believe he counterfeits the work of God by fostering false teachings that deny the blood of Jesus Christ and salvation by grace. Furthermore, we believe the unbeliever will spend an everlasting and conscious eternity in Hell. John 3:16 | John 20:28-29 | Romans 8:35-39 | Philippians 1:6 | Jude 1 | 1 John 5:1
8. The local church exists to help people know and glorify God, to help believers mature in their faith, to equip them for ministry, and to empower and unleash people to do the work of ministry. Genesis 3:1-19 | Romans 5:12 | 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 | 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 | 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 | 1 Timothy 4:1-3 | Revelation 20:10
9. All true believers, in obedience to Christ, give testimony of the atoning work of Christ through baptism. We believe baptism is an outward expression of the believer's relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe that Communion is the commemoration of His death. Acts 2:41-42 | Acts 20:17-28 | 1 Corinthians 11:2 | Ephesians 5:23-24 | 1 Timothy 3:1-7
10. Jesus Christ will return, in bodily form, and take His people, in bodily form, to spend eternity in heaven. We believe His return is imminent and gives hope to the personal life and service of all believers. Matthew 3:16 | Matthew 28:19 | John 3:23 | Acts 2:41 | Acts 8:36-39 | Acts 18:8 | Luke 24:36-47 | John 14:1-6 | Acts 1:9-11 | Philippians 3:20| 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Revelation 1:5-7 | Revelation 19:11-16 | Revelation 20:11-15 We are a member of the Reformed Church in America (RCA).